Tuesday 19 April 2011

Media Event - The Day

Today was the epic Media Event which we have been planning for weeks.  The shedule for the day  was as follows.


9.15-Icebreakers




9.30-Group Division



9.50-1st Activity



10.15-Second Activity



11.00-3rd Activity



11.45-Walk Tour to Moreton



12.30-Toilet Break



12.45- Room 111 Guest Speaker/Also de-rigging/Lunch



1.45-Evaluation



1.50-Goodbyes and Montage-goody bag/Take the group to the bus stop.
 
 
On the day three activaties were being run for the students which were.
 

Big Draw:


Details of the activity

An example film will be shown at the beginning of stop motion illustration. The students will then crete their own stop motion together on a large whiteboard/paper.


Green Screen :


Details of the activity

Introduce the Students to the Green Screen and then have a quick and concise ‘lesson’ on Chromakey. Then Play a game where someone stands in front of the Green Screen and has to guess where they are , whilst everyone else watches on the screen......... other part of this activity to be confirmed.

Shoot Out :


Details of the activity

The Students in this activity watch a shoot out scene from a western film , they they have to plan their scene, thinking about camera angles, the feel/story they want to create and how they are going to film it.

  • The Day Itself

Carlina and I were given the task of talking the students around from activity to activity and getting to know the students.
 
The day started with Carlina's icebreakers which I thought worked really well as planned. Through this we were able to split the class into groups successfully and branch of to each activity. Carlina and I took our group off to the first activity which was the shootout. Throughout the day we spoke to the students and got to know them personally, the students themselves were shy but once they completed their first excersize they began to become more sociable.

We arrived at the second excersize which was the green screen excersize. The great thing about this task was that everone got a chance to participate in the excersize. My only regret is that I did not have a go myself as I thought the concept of the excerize was brilliant funny and enteraining. There was a techincal hitch erlier in the day with the green screen excersize. Which meant that we were running 15 minutes early so showed the students inside our gatehouse/broadcast sweet then basqued in the sun I have to admit the girls were hard to talk to but I got to speak to a few of them about their career plans and reasurred them not to worry as university can be quite a scary place but when recieving that level of education but in encouraged them to give university a try by saying that it would equips them with the right skills to progress into a working enviroment in future.
 
The whole day ran  very smoovly for Carlina and I we went into the third excerisze and made the most of it we each were assigned a team as team leaders as we split into groups and we drew pictures in turns it was this excersize that I think the students enjoyed the most Patrick was phenominal in leading the excersize and his talkative ways encouraged the girls and Max (the only male student in the group) to participate.
 
After that we enjoyed a spot of lunch on the grass followed by the talk by the industry professionals.

I thought the day went really well for Carlina and I's group and we were united in making decisions in terms of leadership on the day. I was happy to have been working with her for two reasons                              

  1.  Her skills when it came to engaging with the students helped me a lot on the day
  2. Nonetheless I was happy to have another person with me on the walkaround as it eased the pressure on me
If I were to do the walkaround again I would definatly choose Carlina as a partner to help me lead the students again.

No comments:

Post a Comment