Thursday 5 May 2011

Kill it Kid- blog 3 Logging and Capturing

TAPE DECK TEAC A-650

Today I logged and captured all of the five tapes in which we used to film the band Kill It Kid

I set up a Scratch disk and logged and captured the footage, click on the link for a step by step introduction  link  of logging and capturing.

  • Problems

I encountered two main problems when i was logging and capturing the footage. My first problem was...

  • One of the tapes was stuck in the tape deck. 

I am mystified as to how it happened, But one of the tapes that i was logging and capturing at the time.  Became stuck in one of the tape decks. I notified Richard Wood (technician) who in turn told me that he would try and remove the tape out of the deck without damaging the equipment when he had some time and if he could not then he would  to take the deck to an engineer in Bristol.

  • Sound/Image

I noticed that on one of the tapes had bad sound quality and at the start of one of the tape some of the imagery became damaged meaning I could not capture some of the footage on the tape. This will be reviewed when me and the team enter the post-production faze of this project in more detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment